Best Cold Press Juicers
If you’re a beginner in the world of juicers, I believe you must be overwhelmed by the surprising number of brands and models already available in the market. Although each brand promises to offer its own unique set of features and benefits, one of the best brands we’re going to lay our focus on today is the Omega brand of juicers.
Whenever you hear of Omega, what comes to mind is the masticating properties right? Although this word sounds fancy, masticating simply means that this juicer is capable of grinding, crushing, and pressing pieces of fruits and veggies to extract organic juice with superior quality nutrients, vitamins, and enzymes.
Other than producing masticating juicers, the Omega brand also produces some of the best centrifugal and ejection pulp style models in the market. So, if you’re looking for the best Omega juicer to purchase for your juicing escapades, worry not as this guide will give you a roundup of 4 of the best Omega juicers to consider. In addition to that, this guide will offer detailed advices on how to choose the best juicer that meets your juicing rituals.
Why are Omega Juicers so popular?
Yes! I’ve heard most people asking this question over and over again. The truth of the matter is that Omega juicers are gaining popularity on a daily basis. They’re rising really fast to become the market’s best juicers and that’s because of the following factors.
- Very powerful: Yes! You heard me well. Unlike most other juicers, Omega juicers are very powerful making them the ultimate best. Omega centrifugal juicers extract about 20-30% higher yield as compared to identical brands while masticating juicers are fast and more efficient.
- Lots of models: Omega juicers come with lots of models to choose from. So, whether you’re planning to juice leafy greens, soft produce or hard fruits and veggies, there’s always a model out there that will match your juicing needs.
- Durable: durability is one factor you must check on when choosing a juicer. To ensure that your machine stays long enough, Omega has designed this juicer with a heavy-duty construction to ensure that all parts are steady and strong when operating.
How to choose the right Omega Juicer
Shopping may seem enjoyable to some folks. But to those who don’t know exactly what they’re shopping for, this may seem to be the exact opposite. There are many brands of juicers to shop for; but when it comes to shopping for an Omega juicer, things may seem even more overwhelming as there are so many models to choose from. Luckily, to those who don’t know which direction to take, here are some key pointers that will help you choose the right Omega juicer.
Type of juicer
The two main types of juicers you’ll find in the market are centrifugal and masticating juicers.
- Centrifugal juicers: are the most popular and are commonly found in most departmental stores. These juicers are cylindrical in shape and are designed to operate at very high speeds. Due to their enormous power, these juicers are the best for juicing hard fruits and veggies by simply crushing them into small pieces then using the inner sieve to press the pulp and extract juice. Although these juicers are amazingly fast, the quality of juice produced is relatively lower as it has high oxidation and low nutrient concentration.
- Masticating juicers: masticating juicers on the other hand are relatively slower but very efficient when it comes to extracting high nutrient juice. These juicers use a screw-type auger to grind and chew fruits and veggies. Their sharp teeth are very useful here as they help to squeeze produce to extract as much juice as they possibly can. Although they’re way slower than centrifugal juicers, masticating juicers usually extract highly nutritious juice with less foam and oxidation.
When choosing a juicer, you need to keep in mind how easy or how hard it is to clean it. In the world of Omega juicers, some models are basically easy to clean while others are quite complex and require extra knowledge to clean them. So, before parting with your money, it’s a good practice that you first go through the manual (both written and video) to get acquitted with the cleaning process.
If you’re an Omega juicer committed to regular juicing either daily or weekly, then it’s definitely possible that you’ll be spending a lot of your time with your juicer. Due to this reason, it’s virtually important that you select a machine that you can work with without any troubles. Consider factors such as the weight, the dimensions, the technology used and the speed to ensure that what you get exactly matches your taste and aesthetics.
Another factor you should look at when choosing an Omega juicer is the cost. In most cases, masticating juicers tend to cost more as compared to their centrifugal counterparts. High-end models tend to cost even more as compared to lower-quality models. Although you should buy what you can afford, buying a higher quality Omega model comes with more benefits as you’re guaranteed an effective, durable machine with an extended warranty period. So, if you’re buying a juicer as an investment rather than for novelty, always know that the price is worth it.
If you’re planning to juice for commercial purposes (such as a juice bar), then you have to consider the quality of juice being produced to ensure that it stays safe and fresh for at least 3 days without losing its nutritional value. To guarantee this, you need to shop for a juicer that operates at a relatively slow speed to reduce oxidation and ensure that the juice doesn’t lose any of its essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals and enzymes. In addition to that, cold press juicers yield more juice as compared to centrifugal juicers meaning there will be no wastage.
No matter which Omega model you choose, masticating models will always be slower than their centrifugal counterparts. That said, if efficiency and quality of juice are your primary concern, then choosing a juicer with a low rpm rate will be a wise move as you’ll get a high yield with high nutritional value.
On the other hand, if you’re a busy folk with speed as your major concern, then you’ll have no choice but to choose a juicer with a high rpm. However, the tradeoff is that you’ll get less juice with low nutrients, vitamins, and enzymes.
Best Omega Juicers on Sale
Omega VRT350X Heavy Duty Low Speed Vertical Masticating Juicer
Are you an avid juicer looking for an efficient, compact and contemporary juicer that will accomplish your juicing rituals with enthusiasm? Well, the Omega VRT350X Masticating Juicer is the perfect frontier for you. A close cousin to the Omega VRT350, this juicer has managed to step up to the challenge to offer you highly nutritious healthy juice with the longest shelf life.
About the performance, this juicer operates at a relatively slow speed of 80 RPM thus preventing any heat buildup that’s responsible for oxidation, frothing, and foaming. The results: well, the results are nothing less than high quality juice with the highest nutrient retention.
Now, unlike the Omega VRT350, the Omega VRT350X is a newer version that includes some refurbished or reconditioned parts to boost its performance. It’s a certified refurbished juicer that comes with beautiful chrome finish to match your kitchen aesthetics. This juicer has a vertical design, a compact body and durable outer casing meaning it will offer you years of service without getting damaged.
Features of the Omega VRT350X Masticating Juicer
- Auto pulp ejection: this is one of the most excellent features we’ve noted with this juicer. The auto pulp ejection function simply means that this juicer is able to automatically eject pulp through a separate exit while allowing your juice to drain to a juice jug through another route. This feature allows this juicer to juice continuously as you don’t have to switch it off at any moment.
- Auto cleaning system: another innovative feature with the Omega VRT350X is the auto cleaning function. If you’re those folks who are fine with the slow work rate of this juicer, then you will definitely love the easy operation of this juicer as you don’t have to dismantle it to clean up the parts. With the auto cleaning feature already at your disposal, all you need to do is simply add water and sit back for the machine to auto clean.
- High quality juice: since this is a masticating juicer, you will definitely expect the quality of juice to be high. With its sharp blades and powerful motor, the Omega VRT350X is able to slice, crush and squeeze pieces of fruits or veggies to extract the highest quality juice free from oxidation, frothing, and foaming.
- Less noise: incase noise is your major concern, then you don’t have to trouble yourself as Omega VRT350X is designed with a special noise reduction system that lets the machine operate with the lowest noise possible. In fact, this feature makes this juicer less noisy as compared to most blenders and food processors.
- It’s a certified refurbished juicer with a lot of power.
- Designed with an auto-cleaning system for easy usage.
- Yields quality juice with long shelf life.
- Auto-pulp ejection feature allows continuous juicing to compensate the slow extracting speed.
- Vertical design saves space.
- It’s not powerful enough to juice hard fruits and veggies.
- It has a lower versatility as compared to most other masticating juicers.
If you’re a serious juicer who enjoys juicing to meet your daily cravings, then the Omega VRT350X Masticating Juicer is exactly what you need. Despite being a refurbished product, this juicer has managed to meet customer expectations by offering an excellent set of features that will make it more efficient and user-friendly. So, if you’re an Omega fan, this juicer is among those appliances you shouldn’t miss out.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Quiet Dual-Stage Slow Speed Masticating Juicer
Our second Omega juicer is the Omega J8006. Regarded as one of the latest models in the industry, this juicer has managed to take the juicing business by storm by offering newer features to boost efficiency. To start off, this juicer is a horizontal style masticating juicer meaning it’s more stable and more secure as compared to a vertical style juicer.
It’s powered by a very strong 2 HP 150 watts motor that operates at a speed of 80 RPM. With such torque and power at its disposal, this juicer is able to extract as much juice as possible from fruits and veggies without ruining the nutritional value of your drink.
Rather than being powerful, the Omega J8006 is exceedingly versatile making it a perfect companion to count on when it comes to juicing a wide variety of produce. It comes with a dual-stage juicing system, an auto-pulp ejection system and, of course, a high horsepower meaning nothing can pose a challenge to its masticating capability.
Features of the Omega J8006 Masticating Juicer
- Low operating speed: one basic feature with most masticating juicers is that they’re basically slow. However, for the case of the Omega J8006, this juicer is not only slow, but it’s also very powerful making the juice extracting process more efficient. At 80 RPM, this juicer is also very silent making it the perfect choice for home use.
- Highly versatile: another impressive feature of this juicer is the high versatility. Although it may sound like obvious, most juicer models lack enough power to juice hard produce. However for the case of the Omega J8006, this juicer operates with immense torque that lets it extract juice from both soft and hard fruits/veggies.
- High yield: if you’re planning to set up a juice bar, the Omega J8006 is one of the juicers you shouldn’t miss out to buy. Though slow, this juicer compensates its slow speed by extracting high juice yield free from oxidation. This simply means that your juice will have a longer shelf life thus reducing wastage.
- Operating at 80 RPM, this juicer eliminates any possible oxidation caused by overheating.
- Juice yielded by this machine resists deterioration and is rich in essential nutrients.
- Comes with several attachments incase you need to perform some non-juicing projects.
- Automatic ejection allows continuous juicing to save time.
- Horizontal style of this juicer allows it to remain stable even when operating.
- Its chrome finish will definitely blend with the rest of your kitchen appliances.
- Busy folks will not endure its slow speed.
- Most of the parts are made of cheap plastic.
- The feeder tube is relatively narrow meaning you’ll have to pre-cut the fruits into smaller pieces.
In conclusion, the Omega J8006 Masticating Juicer is a moderately priced juicer that comes with high masticating power. It comes with a powerful silent motor and pretty sharp blades that make juice extraction more efficient than ever before. This juicer is versatile, efficient and user-friendly making it one of the best juicers to consider in 2019.
Omega VSJ843QS Vertical Slow Masticating Juicer
Next in this humble guide, we have the Omega VSJ843QS Vertical Slow Juicer. At a glance, this model is considered to be the slowest of all Omega juicers. Another interesting thing about this juicer is that it’s relatively identical to the VSJ843RS (in terms of the configurations and physical appearance) only that it’s square in shape while the latter is rounded.
Now to our review, the Omega VSJ843QS is among the slowest juicers operating at half the speed of other masticating juicers. With a standard speed of just 43 RPM, most folks will definitely shy away from this juicer as it seems to be less powerful. But wait; the Omega VSJ843QS is not a juicer to take lightly.
First, it’s powered by a very powerful 150 watts motor and secondly, it’s fitted with a twin-winged auger that powers the Automatic Wiping System to guarantee efficiency. With such creativity combined with silicone wiping blades, this juicer is able to effectively remove pulp from the juicing screen to prevent any possible buildup during operation.
The auger is made of heavy-duty Ultem plastic to boost performance. The juicing screen has small mesh holes to prevent pulp from getting to the juice. Finally, this juicer is vertical in design making it the best for small kitchens. It has an auto cleaning system and all parts touching your food are BPA free making it one of the safest juicers to have around.
Features of the Omega VSJ843QS Masticating Juicer
- Safe materials: one of the major improvements of this Omega juicer version is the use of BPA free parts to bolster safety. The juicing bowl alongside all the other plastic components that get into contact with your food are BPA free meaning they’re non toxic and safe for human usage.
- Improved juice yield: when it comes to the yield, this juicer is able to extract more juice as compared to most masticating juicers due to its super slow speed and dual-edge auger. Designed with a tighter fit, this redesigned auger is able to slice, crush, and squeeze pieces of produce to extract as much juice as possible.
- High juice quality: the quality of juice yielded by this juicer is extremely high thanks to its slow extracting speed. At just 43 RMS, this juicer eats pieces of fruits and vegetables at a very slow speed to extract highly nutritious juice rich in flavor, phytonutrients, and vitamins. The dual-edge auger and the mesh strainer have really done an impressive job here to squeeze pulp to the limit to extract more juice. Since the level of oxidation is extremely low here, the juice produced has a longer shelf life of up to 72 hours.
- Easy cleaning: cleaning the Omega VSJ843QS is pretty easy as it doesn’t have gears like previous models did. By just adding some water, this juicer is able to auto clean and remove pulp leftovers. Incase of tough stains, simply disassemble the machine then use a toothbrush to clean the parts. Wash the parts thoroughly, rinse them well then let them self-dry before assembling the machine again.
- Slow speed means that this juicer is able to produce high juice yield.
- Dual edge auger ensures that high quality nutritious juice is extracted.
- It comes with a juice tap for mixing different juices.
- All parts are BPA free.
- Powerful enough to juice a wide variety of fruits ad veggies.
- Upgraded motor means that there’s more power for juice extraction.
- Vertical design saves more counter space.
- This juicer is extremely slow when operating.
- It has a tendency of getting clogged.
Finally, the Omega VSJ843QS Masticating Juicer is one of the slowest Omega models in the industry. Though slow, this juicer has proved itself by extracting highly nutritious juice with immense essential nutrients, vitamins, and enzymes. Another reason why this juicer has truly thrived in the market is due to major upgrades made on its motor, the auger, strainer, and the pulp extraction chute. With these upgrades, the Omega VSJ843QS is now able to yield even more juice at a faster pace without clogging the system.
Omega CNC80S Compact Slow Speed Multi-Purpose Nutrition Center Juicer
The Omega CNC80S Compact Slow Speed Juicer is our final juicer in this guide. Regarded as the company’s 7th generation juicer, the Omega CNC80S is indeed a direct successor to the Omega J8006 in terms of a cleaner sleeker body, larger funnel and immense torque. Although this juicer is horizontal, it’s surprising to see that it’s very compact, light and perfect for travels.
When it comes to the performance, the Omega CNC80S is fitted with a very powerful 200 watts motor. Just like the rest of the masticating juicer brands, this one too operates at a relatively slow speed of 80 RMP allowing it to extract highly nutritious juice rich in vitamins and enzymes.
Most people complain of narrow feeding tubes right? Now, with the Omega CNC80S, this issue has totally been resolved as Omega has upgraded the feeder tube making it larger and capable of handling huge juicing projects. Now, the only problem I’d like Omega to check on is the parts which are not entirely BPA free.
Features of the Omega VSJ843QS Masticating Juicer
- Compact design: one of the selling features of the Omega CNC80S is the sleek compact body. With dimensions of just 16.4×3×12.4 inches, it’s surprising to see that this juicer has a horizontal design yet it doesn’t eat much of your kitchen space. It’s also light and easy to transfer from one point to another.
- Highly versatile: while some juicers lack the power to process hard produce, the Omega CNC80S has surpassed this challenge thanks to its immense power and high versatility. This juicer not only processes soft fruits but it also extracts juice from hard fruits and veggies such as carrots, cucumber, coconut, beets, asparagus, fennel and bitter guards among others.
- High juice quality: most masticating juicers are hailed for their ability to process high quality juice. For the case of the Omega CNC80S, the quality of juice produced is even higher as it operates at a slow speed with immense power. This performance results in nutrient rich juice that’s free from oxidation and contamination.
- This juicer comes with a large funnel that makes feeding pieces of fruits much easier.
- It has a noticeably sleek and compact body that makes it the best for travels.
- Slow extraction speed means that there’s high juice yield and less oxidation.
- As a masticating juicer, the Omega CNC80S is typically a slow juicer for busy folks.
- Some of the parts are not BPA free.
- The feeding chute is quite narrow so you’ll need to chop the fruits into smaller pieces.
Overall, the Omega CNC80S is one of the best horizontal masticating juicers in the industry. It has a surprisingly compact body and light weight that makes it portable during travels. Not only is it affordable and efficient, this juicer has proved to us why it’s a perfect successor to the all-time best selling Omega J8006. So, if you’re looking for a powerful juicer with lots of blistering features, specs and major improvements, then I believe you now know which model to pick.
Choosing the right Omega juicer for special vegetables or fruits
Whether you’re a hardcore or an occasional juicer, the best Omega juicer is the one that meets your juicing demands. Although juicers may appear to be similar in terms of performance, there’s a very huge difference in terms of features, attributes, basic functions and not to forget efficiency when it comes to juicing various produce. So, to ensure that what you get will definitely work for you, here are five main types of juicers that can handle special juicing escapades with ease.
These juicers are the most common and are the opposite of masticating juicers. They usually operate at a very high pace and are considered to be unappealing as the juice produced has high oxidation, a lot of foam and less nutritional value. Due to their high speed, these juicers are the best for processing hard fruits and veggies such as carrots, apples and high fiber leafy greens.
Also known as cold press juicers, masticating juicers operate at a relatively slower pace to chew fruits and vegetables using their heavy-duty sharp metal teeth augers. Due to their slow juicing technique, these juicers are the best for juicing leafy-greens such as kales, spinach, and wheatgrass as they usually don’t get clogged easily.
These juicers are very similar to masticating juicers only that they use rotating twin-gears to crush, grind and press produce to yield highly nutritious juice. These juicers are also slower than masticating juicers and are particularly great for juicing hearty vegetables, leafy greens, high fiber produce and soft fruits. In addition to that, most of these juicers are able to perform other culinary tasks such as grinding seeds, nuts and chopping fruits.
If you wish to juice wheatgrass, a centrifugal juicer or a masticating juicer is not the perfect choice rather you should choose a wheatgrass juicer. Although most masticating and centrifugal juicers are also considered for this task, wheatgrass juicers are the best as they’re relatively slower, have large feeding chutes and they’re usually horizontal style juicers.
These juicers are specifically designed to extract high quality juice from citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, grape fruits and various types of berries. Since they don’t perform well in juicing leafy-greens and hard produce, most people consider to use centrifugal, masticating or triturating juicers as they’re more versatile and able to handle various juicing projects.
Advantages or disadvantages for different types of fruits/vegetable and what to pick
Have you ever wondered which fruits and vegetables are best for juicing? Although it’s a matter of personal opinion, there are those fruits and veggies that are exceptional and usually stand out from the crowd. So, without wasting any time, this section will highlight some advantages or disadvantages of various produce and what to pick in terms of quality and nutritional value.
Wen I mention soft produce, I’m generally speaking of fruits and veggies such as apples, tomatoes, and berries. While all these produce have various nutritional values, Omega juicers usually do well when extracting juice from such produce leading to high yield and less pulp.
When I speak of citrus fruits, what comes to mind are oranges and lemons. These fruits are among the best to juice as they contain carotenoids, Vitamin C, and bioflavonoids that help to fight cancer and reduce blood pressure. These fruits are among the easiest to juice as they’re soft leading to high yield.
When I mention hard produce, I simply mean things like sweet potatoes, carrots, and beets. Both carrots and sweet potatoes are a rich source of vitamins A, C, K, B6 and B8. They’re also rich in minerals such as potassium, copper, iron and manganese. They also have immense health benefits such as fighting cancer, protecting the arteries and boosting immunity. When juicing such produce, most masticating juicers usually struggle as they lack the power and torque to fully press the pulp to extract high yield.
Leafy green produce include spinach, wheatgrass, kales, celery, and Swiss chard among others. Although most centrifugal and masticating juicers usually do a perfect job of juicing leafy greens, it’s usually advisable to buy a wheatgrass juicer if you think you’ll be juicing leafy greens most of the time. This is because such juicers are slow, powerful and efficient enough to yield high quality juice without clogging. This is quite the opposite of most centrifugal and masticating juicers as most customers complain of clogging whenever they juice leafy greens.